Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cheap Thrills: Wet n' Wild Deadly Sins eyeshadow palettes

I'm a big fan of drugstore make-up, I love brands like Maybelline, Cover Girl, and lately even Wet n' Wild! I had avoided it for a long time because a few things I had tried had been cheap not just in price but also in quality, but lately they've really been stepping up the quality of their products. My recent favorite has been their deadly sins eyeshadow palettes. There are four, and they're named after the sins Greed, Pride, Lust, and Vanity. The quality of these eyeshadows is comparable to MAC and Nars shadows, in fact I found a few color dupes for both high-end brands in my Wet n' Wild Lust palette:

Lust
Top Left Shadow Dupe = MAC's Yogurt
2nd Left Shadow Dupe = MAC's Fig. 1, Nars "Electric Aubergine" from the Eurydice eyeshadow duo
3rd Left Shadow Dupe = MAC's Blackberry

Top Right Shadow Dupe = MAC's Vanilla
2nd Right Shadow Dupe = MAC's Silvering, Nars "Graphite" from the Eurydice eyeshadow duo
3rd Right Shadow Dupe = MAC's Beauty Marked (this one is similar, but Beauty Marked is definitely more pigmented and the glitter is a lot more noticable in it once swatched)

All of these, with the exception of the one that resembles Beauty Marked, are practically identical to the more expensive version. In fact, the one that resembles Blackberry is actually smoother and easier to blend than Blackberry is.

MAC eyeshadows are $14.50 each, and the NARS eyeshadow duos are $33.00 each ($23.00 for the single eyeshadows). I got these Wet n' Wild eyeshadow palettes for $3.99 each on sale at Target! That's 4 bucks for six high quality eyeshadows, less than a third of the cost of ONE single MAC or NARS shadow! Not on sale they're about 5 or 6 dollars each, depending on where you get them, which is still a crazypants bargain. If you're just starting out with make-up, and you don't have a lot of money to spend, these are the best palettes you can get. I want all four, right now I'm missing Greed =/. Let me know if you want me to post dupes for Pride or Vanity!

What drugstore beauty product do you think is actually better than the more expensive brands'?

7 comments:

Ciara said...

Great post! I find NYX eyeshadows to be highly pigmented! some are even dupes for both Mac & Nars!

CommesDesGarcon (Gia Heatherette) said...

I agree with Ciara..NYX is also a good brand I buy a lot at rite aid. The only thing is that NYX nail color totally sucks.

Anonymous said...

Yes do the other palettes! Please!

k-dee said...

I'm gonna try these out cuz i'm always lookin for cheap alternatives to the more expensive stuff. Do the other ones please!

nikkiiGOESrawr / Serena said...

Your sins eyeshadow...I mist have it!! They obviously don't sell it where I live. D: Though some of the drugstore brands are pretty crappy (Usually mascara and liquid eyeliner wise.) I find the pencil eyeliner and eyeshadows to be pretty good compared to most of the expensive brands. Great post by the way!

Winter4543/Vanessa said...

These colors are great.
Have you heard about the new Wet n Wild 8 pan palette? I have one, and it's really great. (:

elciaravi said...

Jordana ($2.99) mascara thickens my lashes quicker than ANY d/s or high end mascara, ever and it wears like iron!